The Columbia Grad Council is comprised of representatives from all of the various graduate student governments associated with Columbia University. To date, this group has primarily focused on organizing large, multi-school social events for Columbia’s graduate student population, such as Festifall.
The student governments represented on the Columbia Grad Council include:
- Arts and Sciences Graduate Council (ASGC)
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences + all other PhD students at the university
- Engineering Graduate Student Council (EGSC)
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Teacher’s College (TC)
- School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA)
- School of Continuing Education (SCE)
- School of Social Work (SSW)
- Mailman Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Mailman School of Public Health
- Business School
- Law Student Senate
- Law School
- College of Physicians and Surgeons
The Ivy+ Summit is the annual meeting of the graduate and professional student associations of the Ivy League schools plus MIT. Representatives from graduate and professional student government discuss all issues regarding graduate student life: health care, housing, funding, outreach, teaching, social events, etc., and bring a common voice to issues affecting the eight schools.
Each year the Ivy+ Summit is hosted by a different member school, the year of which is listed to the right of the name. Student life and graduate student center administrators sometimes attend the meeting as well.
Member institutions of the Ivy+ Group include:
- University of Pennsylvania – 2012, 2021
- Columbia University – 2013, 2022
- Yale University – 2014, 2023
- Dartmouth College – 2015
- Brown University – 2016
- Harvard University – 2017
- Cornell University – 2018
- Princeton University – 2019
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) -2020
The National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS) is a student-run national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of graduate & professional students across the United States. Founded by student leaders in 1987, NAGPS is the only national organization that represents the interests of graduate & professional students in public and private universities at local, state, regional and national levels.
More information on their website.